Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
What is SEO?
SEO is making changes to your website so that it performs better in the search engines (Google, Bing etc), resulting in an increase in visitors to your website. From here this should lead to more sales.
As an example, when you search for something on the web like 'Website design company Millicent', it's important for us, at Bizboost, that our website comes up as one of the top listings in the results. This increases the chance of a potential new client clicking through to view our website and considering us.
Is SEO included in Bizboost website packages?
Our website packages do include initial website search engine optimisation and submission to the major search engines.
Just like your website, your SEO needs to grow with your business and continue to be updated regularly. If you build your website with us, we will show you during your training session what is important to consider for SEO as you make updates to your website.
Keep in mind that the formula that the large search engines use to list website results is kept secret and changes regularly. This means you do need to continually review your website and see if there are changes that can be made to get better SEO results. What works now may not be what works best in the future.
If you want to get even more serious about your SEO then we would suggest doing some Advanced SEO work. This has become a specialist field with a lot of technical knowledge required, so we now offer SEO packages for those who want to take their website to the next level.
Read this if you are interested in finding out more about our Advanced SEO Packages.
What can I do myself?
Even without specialist SEO experience, there are still some basic steps that you can take in order to optimise your website and make it easy for the search engines to find.
- TEXT - making sure the content on your website includes important keywords, is a good length and includes clear contact details. Also making sure to regularly update your website with new content.
- HEADINGS, PAGE TITLES, URLS - making sure these include important keywords and are written succinctly.
- SOCIAL SHARING BUTTONS & RECIPROCAL LINKS - making sure your website can easily be shared or recommend to others. Again continually generating new content like articles or blogs can also help with this.
- IMAGES & VIDEOS - making sure you try to include at least one image per page with an alternative description and include multi-media such as a video.
- LOCAL DIRECTORIES, SOCIAL MEDIA and GOOGLE MY BUSINESS - making sure your website has a listing in the main search engine directories, social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Pinterest... to name a few) and Google My Business. Consider other directories such as Hotfrog, Tru Local and Yellow pages, remember to think about your industry type and brand when deciding what is relevant for you.
- MOBILE RESPONSIVE - Making sure your website is mobile responsive will see you being rewarded in searches on phones and tablets as search engines will rank you higher up the list.
Need help implementing these? Contact Us.
Building a website without SEO is like building a road without direction.
Want to learn more about Keywords?
Identifying the keywords to use for each of your website pages and adding then to your website is a very important area of SEO. Read our blog article 'Where to start with 'Keywords' for SEO' to get started.
Are you tracking and measuring your websites performance?
Another important part of SEO is making sure that after doing all of this hard work, you have an easy way to track your websites performance.
If you build a website through us we will make sure we install Google Analytics to track and measure your website statistics such as visitors to the site, which pages are being visited the most etc.
Do you have a website with us but need help accessing or understanding your website statistics?
If you would like Google Analytics installed on your website please contact us.
If you have Google Analytics installed on your website and would like some help understanding the statistics please read our Google Analytics Guide.
Some of our website clients would have automatically had 'Webaliser' (a different statistics program) installed on their website, to help you understand these statistics please read our article 'Understanding your website statistics.'