Website Health Check
How old is your website? It could be time for a Health Check
You might be wondering why you would need a health check for your website, well here is why:
Technology is always changing and improving.
Google keeps changing its search algorithms.
Operating Systems and Browser software keeps updating.
New devices to view your website on are multiplying like rabbits!
You don’t want your website to be left behind. It's time for a health check!
What would a website health check involve?
Contact us to let us know you are interested and we can make some recommendations on what could improve your websites performance. We can also provide an itemised quote to implement the recommendations.
Some ideas may be:
- Help you install Google Analytics so that you can track the results of your website
- Browser testing – make sure that your website is viewing correctly in the newest browser versions of Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
- Check if your website is responsive and that any extra functionality built is also working well on tablets and smart phones
- Consider adding an SSL Certificate to your website, making it much more secure (and therefore trustworthy from a website visitors perspective!). Adding an SSL certificate can also give your website a boost in search results.
- Make sure your page titles and descriptions are optimised for search
- Make sure you have a 404 error page and a 301 page – this is a bit technical so leave this with us…
- Check if you have an ‘enter’ page or any tables used in the code as many of the major search engines now penalise the use of these in their search result listings
- Need help to refresh your text and images on your pages. We can update any out-of-date information or if you would like help writing new professional text for your pages we now have a copywriter that we are partnering with that can help
- If your website is old and tired looking it might be time to consider a new page template – this could give you a new colour scheme, a new header design with new images or even a new page layout.
- Check that your editor version is the latest available so that it is compatible with more browser versions.
- Consider adding website schema to your site, to help your site be found.