A Facebook page is a great way to promote your business and build relationships with potential customers and clients. However, finding the time to post regularly can be difficult. A week goes past, then another, and before you know it your social media practices have fallen completely by the wayside. We get it. You’re busy. And at Bizboost, we’ve definitely been in the same boat many times before.
This is why we are always on the lookout for new tips and tricks that can save us time and boost efficiency. One such tip that we thought you might find useful is the Facebook scheduling tool, which allows users to write a post and then schedule it to go live at a later time.
You may be wondering why you would bother when you could just post an update now or log on at a later date instead. Well, it can come in handy for a couple of reasons:
- It means you can schedule a post for when your audience is most active online, even if it is a time you are not working or near a computer. For example, if you want to reach Farmers with your annual sale date then a lunchtime post or evening post is best as this is the time they most likely check social media.
- You can prepare a post that lets your clients or customers know about your annual sale or another promotional event, even if it’s weeks away. This saves having to try and remember three weeks out when you’re busy with other preparations.
- You could decide it is more efficient to spend a few hours once a month to plan one month’s worth of social media updates, rather than tackling the task a couple times week. You’re then free to get back to running other aspects of your business while Facebook does the hard work.
In short, it allows you to post to your Facebook page at any time, without needing to be online 24 hours a day.
Creating a scheduled post
So here is how you do it:
- Type your post, include a link, image or video as you would normally.
- Rather than posting immediately, click on the down arrow next to the “Post” button. You can then choose to “schedule post”.
- Enter the time and date you want it to appear, and save.
You can edit or remove a scheduled post if you change your mind later.
- Click on the Publishing Tools tab in the toolbar at top of your business page
- Choose “scheduled post” from the column on the left
- Click on the arrow in the corner of the post that you want to remove or edit
- Here you can choose to reschedule, edit, publish now or delete the post.