Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
What is SEO?
SEO is making changes to your website so that it performs better in the search engines (Google, Bing etc), resulting in increasing the visitors to your website. From here this should lead to more sales.
Or another way of looking at it is when you search for something on the web like 'Website design company Tailem Bend' for us at Bizboost it is making sure our website comes up as one of top listings in the results. So then a potential new client is going to click through and view our website and consider using us.
Is SEO included in Bizboost website packages?
Our website packages do include initial website search engine optimisation and submission to the major search engines.
However, the formula that the large search engines use to list website results when people are searching for information is a secret and it changes regularly. This means you do need to continually review your website and see if there are changes that can be made to get better SEO results.
So just like your website, your SEO needs to grow with your business and continue to be updated regularly. If you build a website with us as part of your training session we will show you what is important to consider for SEO as you make updates to your website.
Then down the track at any time we can do a 'Health Check' on your website where we make suggestions to improve your basic SEO and make sure it is done taking into account the latest industry information.
If you want to get even more serious about your SEO then we would suggest doing some Advanced SEO work. This has become a specialist field with a lot of technical knowledge required, so we have found a specialist to partner with. Contact us if you are interested in finding out more about this. Our partner is already working with some of our clients to ramp up their SEO.
What are the key basic SEO factors currently?
- TEXT - making sure the content on your website includes important keywords, is a good length and includes clear contact details. Also making sure to regularly update your website with new content.
- HEADINGS, PAGE TITLES, URLS - making sure these include important keywords and are written succinctly.
- SOCIAL SHARING BUTTONS & RECIPROCAL LINKS - making sure your website can easily be shared or recommend to others. Again continually generating new content like articles or blogs can also help with this.
- IMAGES & VIDEOS - making sure you try to include at least one image per page with an alternative description and include multi-media such as a video.
- LOCAL DIRECTORIES, SOCIAL MEDIA and GOOGLE MY BUSINESS - making sure your website has a listing in the main search engine directories, social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Pinterest... to name a few) and Google My Business. Consider other directories such as Hot Frog, Tru Local and Yellow pages, remember to think about your industry type and brand when deciding what is relevant for you.
- TECHNICAL CHANGES - we won't go into details on these but there are some 'behind the scenes changes' that may be required on your website
- SITEMAP - making sure you have a hidden map of all the pages on your site is important for Google robots and spiders that are crawling the web. Most web developers would implement this when your website is launched - but you may need to update it.
- MOBILE RESPONSIVE - Making sure your website is mobile responsive will see you being rewarded in searches on phones and tablets as search engines will rank you higher up the list.
- AND MANY MORE - there are are so many different factors to consider with SEO like choosing the right domain name, structuring your website for SEO success and so many more...
Need help implementing these? Contact Us.
Building a website without SEO is like building a road without direction.
Want to learn more about Keywords?
Identifying the keywords to use for each of your website pages and adding then to your website is a very important area of SEO. Read our blog article 'Where to start with 'Keywords' for SEO' to get started.
Are you tracking and measuring your websites performance?
Another important part of SEO is making sure that after doing all of this hard work, you have an easy way to track your websites performance.
If you build a website through us we will make sure we install Google Analytics to track and measure your website statistics such as visitors to the site, which pages are being visited the most etc.
Do you have a website with us but need help accessing or understanding your website statistics?
If you would like Google Analytics installed on your website please contact us.
If you have Google Analytics installed on your website and would like some help understanding the statistics please read our Google Analytics Guide.
Some of our website clients would have automatically had 'Webaliser' (a different statistics program) installed on their website, to help you understand these statistics please read our article 'Understanding your website statistics.'