Frequently Asked QuestionsWeb Design and Development
- Do I need a website?
- How is BizBoost different from other companies?
- What is a domain name?
- Can you register my domain name for me?
- What is web hosting?
- How much space do I need?
- Can I measure and track statistics for my website?
- Does BizBoost use templates to design?
- Can I update the site myself?
- Do I get support after my site is complete?
- What are the steps in the design process?
- Why should I get a professional to build my website?
- I have decided that I would like you to develop a website for me. What do I do now?
Web Design and Development
Q. Do I need a website?
Q. How is BizBoost different from other companies?
Being located in a regional area ourselves, we have a very good understanding of regional businesses, and the issues that they deal with daily. A website can be even more important for regional businesses as it provides exposure to a much larger customer base than has ever been possible previously. Regional businesses often have clients with slower internet access, so our websites are built to be fast loading. We also have an agricultural background which means that we can very quickly gain an understanding of the needs of agricultural businesses. On top of this we take a huge amount of pride in our work and strive constantly to provide good old fashioned country service to our clients. Our greatest satisfaction comes from hearing a client say that they are really happy with our products and have enjoyed with us.
Can BizBoost effectively design a website or any of my other design needs without meeting with me?
Yes, we have clients from all over Australia and even overseas that we have never met. With the wonders of technology, we can create designs with your full participation and feedback, no matter where you are.
Q. What is a domain name?
Your domain name is your website address. Our domain name for example is www.bizboost.com.au.
Q. Can you register my domain name for me?
Yes, we can help you to decide on a domain name, find if it is available and register it, and then renew it for you when it becomes due. That way you will know that you only ever need to pay an invoice that comes from us, and won’t be confused by the many spam emails that seem to go around requesting payment for domain names.
Q. What is web hosting?
Every website needs a home on the internet – a place for your web page files, graphics etc to be stored so that it can be accessed by anyone at any time. You can “rent” hosting space through us. We have a number of packages available depending on your needs.
Q. How much space do I need?
Web pages actually take up very little space, and unless you have music, videos, or a really large number of images on your site, you should be fine on our basic hosting plan. Our hosting is very flexible, and we won’t cut your site off the minute you go over quota on disk space or bandwidth. If we find you are regularly going over quota, we will talk to you about your options.
Q. Can I measure and track statistics for my website?
Yes, if your site is hosted with us, we can provide you with extensive statistics about visitors to your site. This is extremely important if you want to work out how successful your marketing is. For help in accessing these statistics, contact us.
Q. Does BizBoost use templates to design?
Initially we only provided custom designed sites, however we have developed some templates as we have discovered that many of our clients prefer to use a template as it can make the design process easier for them. So feel free to chat to us about either option.
Q. Can I update the site myself?
If you have a Content management System built, you can update it with little or no assistance from us. This removes the hassle of having to contact us every time you want to update your site. By having a CMS site developed, you will be in the driver’s seat and have control of your site.
Q. Do I get support after my site is complete?
Providing fantastic customer support is a top priority for us. Your website is sure to be a work in progress and we are happy to help out in any way that we can. If you ever have a problem or would like some assistance, please contact us… that is what we are here for!!
Q. What are the steps in the design process?
1. We have a thorough discussion with you about your business. Our aim is to understand your business and your aims so that together we can come up with the best solution for you.
2. We collect information from you that will help us to undertand your look and feel, eg, photos, logos, other marketing materials that you may have (eg. letterheads, business cards etc.). This ensures that we develop a site that is consistent with you current look and feel. We also work out together what other functionality you might like on the site eg. photo gallery, latest news, forms, shopping carts etc.
3. We will help you to decide on a domain name, to see whether it is available, and to register this for you. (If required)
4. We will set up a hosting account for you (if required). Most of our clients have both domain names and hosting accounts set up with us… this keeps the process very simple.
5. We set up a “Website coming soon” page, and also help you to set up your emails if required.
6. We prepare initial designs to get a feel for what you like
7. The designs are modified until you are perfectly satisfied.
8. We then get to work building your site.
9. We either add content and photos to your site for you, or we teach you how to do this if you have chosen to have a CMS site developed.
10. You review your site and we make any minor revisions at this stage.
11. We optimise your site for the search engines
12. We launch your site
13. We submit your site to all major search engines
14. We keep you informed throughout the above process
Q. Why should I get a professional to build my website?
There are now many people capable of building websites, however the bottom line is that you will get what you pay for. As your online shopfront to the world you really do need a site which looks professional and is consistent with your image. You may have found someone who can design an amazing site, however this is of very little use if someone who is searching for your services cannot find your site. Some web developers use outdated technology and so are unaware of the correct coding/syntax necessary to make sure your website has a consistent appearance on all the different internet browsers. To get the most out of having an online presence, and to save headaches in the future, it is well worth making sure the site is professional looking and developed correctly in the first place.
Q. I have decided that I would like you to develop a website for me. What do I do now?
Congratulations on an excellent decision!! Please contact us either via our website, email or phone, and we will have a discussion with you about your aims, needs and ideas. You will need to sign our agreement form and we will then gather any information from you that you would like to use on your website (eg. photos etc). As soon as we receive a 50% deposit on your estimated project total, your website will be underway. We look forward to learning about your business and working with you.